Cybersmart Challenge 2021 – Competition Entry Requirements
More and more of us are online these days, right?
We’re on social media, sending emails, watching videos, researching things on google, playing games, shopping, applying for things or filling out documents.
The internet is great. But like most things, it comes with some risks. There are bad guys out there interested in your data. Some are just up to mischief, to harass while others are more interested in financial gain.
Imagine how you would feel if someone suddenly had control of your email, or social media account, and started sending things in your name, and even locked you out of your account. How would that make you feel?
In the digital era, It’s important that as many people as possible know how to protect themselves online. So here’s your chance to learn and help spread the word about cyber security and safety, and to be in with a chance to win some GREAT PRIZES!!
The Cybersmart Challenge will help you learn about:
- Cybersecurity threats such as the tricks scammers and hackers use to penetrate the accounts of people like you
- What you can do to protect yourselves.
The Competition is open to Botswana youth aged 16 – 25.
HOW TO ENTER:
Simply create an informational video(man two minutes) expressing your understanding of cybersecurity while sharing tips on anyone can take can take to stay safe online.
You can express yourself in the form of a video speech, statement, animation, poem, a song, a rap or drama performance.
Entries will be judged on the basis of the following:
- Evidence that you understand risks and threats in cyberspace
- A strong and emotional message that will make people care – especially other young people by helping them understand cyberattacks can happen to them too.
- A positive message that helps people understand how they can help protect themselves from hackers.
- A creative approach – this helps people remember it.
- First Prize: P5,000 and a laptop
- Second Prize: P2,500 and a laptop
- Third Prize: Laptop
Deadline for entries: 25 October 2021
Winners will be announced end of October 2021
For more information:
730 33 777